- Ingredients Information
The V Pud was the worlds first commercially produced Vegetarian Black Pudding. In 2007 the recipe was adapted to be completely Vegan. Unlike other Vegan products, we didn’t have to drastically change our award winning black pudding recipe that much. We removed the blood and fat and replaced it with a mixture we have developed. We use a protein substance that mimics the consistency of blood and we use beetroot for colour. All the ingredients are still to the very best quality. Nothing artificial and no chemicals. This means the V Pud has retained the amazing flavour of our traditional products.
Minimum weight 200g
Cooked PearlBarley, Water, Rusk(Wheat Flour, Salt), Rolled Oats, Protein (Starch, Flour, Protein), Oatmeal, Rehydrated Onion, Salt, Non-hydrogenerated Vegetable Suet(Palm Oil & Sunflour Oil) with Wheat Flour, Beetroot Powder, Wheat flour, Herbs(including celery) and spices, Roast Barley Malt Extract, Natural Flavouring.
Store in a refrigerator until date shown. Suitable for home freezing.
1. Place the oats groats in a saucepan with the stock, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes until the groats are cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a pan, then add the leeks and cook in their washing water for a couple of minutes. Add some extra virgin rapeseed oil to finish cooking. Add to the groats mixture.
Heat some extra virgin rapeseed oil in a clean pan. Test to see if the oil is hot, and add the slices of V Pud. Fry until crispy on both sides.
3. Place on top of the cooked leeks and groats. Garnish with chopped chives.
Click HERE to see the origional website
Remove plastic sleeving, cut into 15mm slices and heat thoroughly.
Keep refrigerated til date shown
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device