- Ingredients Information
- Nutritional Information
Locally sourced Venison Game is wild, natural, low in fat, cholesterol and is one of the healthiest meats around.
Perfect for a casserole or pie.
Minimum weight- 400g
|As a guide we recommend that ths product provides
of which Saturates
of which Sugars
Supplied Fresh in Season 1st August- 30th April- Keep in Refrigerator until date shown, suitable to freeze.
Supplied Frozen out of Season- Keep in the freezer until date shown on pack.
To cook remove outer packaging and prepare as required
Slow cooker Venison Stew
- 900g venison stewing meat
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 3 sticks celery, diced
- 8 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 beef stock cubes
- 800ml beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 300g frozen garden peas (optional)
- 150g fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 65g cornflour
- 250ml water
- Combine the venison, potatoes, onions, celery, carrots, stock cubes, stock and Worcester sauce in a slow cooker. Pour in just enough water to cover. Turn to High and cook until the stew comes to the boil. Reduce heat to Low and continue cooking until the venison is tender, about 8 to 10 hours.
- Ladle off any fat which has collected on the surface, then stir in the peas and mushrooms if using. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Whisk together the cornflour and water. Stir this into the stew, increase heat to High, and cook until the stew has thickened and the peas have warmed through.
Click HERE to see the origional recipe
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device