- Ingredients Information
- Nutritional Information
Based on a traditional recipe but with a twist, these are packed full of game including pheasant, partridge, venison and mallard.
Minimum weight- 450g
Lamb Offal, Beef Suet, Pork, Venison, Partridge, Pheasant, Mallard, Oatmeal, Onion, Heart, Soya, Spices.
ALLERGENS IN BOLD
|As a guide we recommend that this product provides||Per 100g|
of which saturates
of which sugars
Haggis Kebabs with Neeps and Tatties Cake
- 300g Haggis
- 300g Herby sausagemeat
- 2tbsp Heather Honey
- 2tbsp Scotch whisky
For the Neeps and Tatties
- 1 large swede, peeled and chopped into rough cubes
- 2 large potatoes, Maris Piper or similar, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 30g melted butter, plus extra for frying
- 75g plain flour
- sea salt and black pepper oilve oil
1. Preheat the barbecue for direct grill to hot .
2. Combine the haggis and sausage meat together in a bowl. Divide into 12 equal pieces and roll into balls. Thread three balls onto each skewer, place on a tray and refrigerate for 30 minute, or until firm.
3. To the neeps and tatties, boil the swede and potatoes in a large pan of salt water for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and leave in the saucepan with the lid off to steam dry for 10-15 minutes.
4. Pass the swede and potatoes through a potato ricer or push through a coarse seive into a large bowl. Stir in the butter until melted, then stir in the flour and plenty of salt and pepper.
5. Set a cast iron pan over the barbecue to heat, or heat on the hob. Pat the potato mixture into a large, round, or divide into quarters and pat into smaller rounds. Heat a splash of oil in the pan, add a knob of butter and golden-brown, then try and remove from the pan. If you make a larger cake, leave to rest for 2mins then cut into wedges
6. Meanwhile, grill the haggis kebabs for 8-10minutes, turning regularly. Towards the end of cooking brush over the kebabs.
7. Remove the Kebabs from the heat, give them a final brush of the glaze, then serve the potato cake wedges.
Bring a pan of water to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Place the haggis including the outer packaging into the pan simmer for 30mins. Ensure piping hot throughout prior to serving
Suitable For Home Freezing
Freeze on day of purchase and use within 6 months. Defrost thoroughly and consume within 24 hours
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device