- Ingredients Information
- Nutritional Information
Delicious haggis- made to a traditional recipe using traditional ingredients which is multi award-winning as the best haggis outside of Scotland and has a gold award for haggis within Scotland!
Minimum Weight 450g
Lamb Offal, Beef Heart, Beef Suet, Oatmeal, Onion, Saesonings, Spices, Soya, colour E150.
ALLERGENS IN BOLD
As a guide we recomend that this product provides
of which saturates
of which sugars
Haggis Scotch Egg
- 6 medium free-range eggs
- 160g quality haggis
- a few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 200g sausages
- 40g plain flour
- 1 splash of milk
- 120g panko breadcrumbs
- 500ml vegetable oil, for deep-frying
1 Place 4 of the eggs in a pan of cold, salted water over a high heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for 8 minutes. Drain, then cool the eggs in cold water. Peel and set aside.
2. Crumble the haggis, then pick and finely chop the parsley. In a bowl, mix the sausage meat if using sausages, squeeze the meat out of the skins), haggis and parsley, and season with sea salt and black pepper.
3. Divide the mixture into 4 and flatten out on a clean surface, shaping them into ovals 12cm long and 7cm at the widest point. Wrap one completely around each egg, ensuring the outside is smooth.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
5. Spread the flour over a tray, beat the remaining 2 eggs in shallow dish with a splash of milk, and tip the breadcrumbss into a bowl.
6. Dip each scotch egg in flour, egg wash, then roll in the crumbs to coat. Repeat with egg wash and the breadcrumbs, so that each egg is thickly coated.
7. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan until it reaches 180C. Deep-fry the scotch eggs for 2 minutes, or util golden.
8. Using a slotted spoon, remove the eggs to drain on kitchen paper. Pop on a baking tray and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Click HERE to see the origional website
Bring a pan of water to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Place the haggis including the outer packaging into the pan simmer for 30mins. Ensure piping hot throughout prior to serving
Suitable For Home Freezing
Freeze on day of purchase and use within 6 months. Defrost thoroughly and consume within 24 hours
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device