- Ingredients Information
- Nutritional Information
- Catchment Area
Our Eel is delicately hot smoked over smouldering English Oak wood. We only use fresh eel from New Zealand & Australia to help protect the currently endangered British stocks. Gently cured with rock salt and hung over British Oak for 18 hours our eel is moist and packed full of flavour. Our smoked eel was voted in the UK top 50 foods in 2012 and has won the highest accolade in The Great Taste Awards, 3 gold stars.
Each pack has a minimum Weight of 100g
Eel, (ANGUILLA, ANGUILLA), Salt, Natural Oak Wood Smoke
|As a guide we recommend that this product provides||Per 100g|
of which saturates
of which sugars
Keep refrigerated until date shown on pack. Suitable to freeze for upto 12 months.
Our smoked eel is ready to eat, simply remove from the fridge an hour before serving.
Smoked Eel Tagliatelle
- 500g fresh egg tagliatelle
- 600g zucchini
- 200g smoked eel fillets
- 12 quail eggs
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Prepare zuchini. Trim their ends, wash very well and quarter lengthways. Remove all their seeds and cut them into sticks. put them into a non-stick frying pan together with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and bay leaf. Fry all slightly over a low heat, stirring often. Once coloured, add half a glass hot waterand continue cooking untl all cooking juice is well reduced. add other water only if nessisary. Season to taste with salt whenyou turn off the stove. Remove the bay leaf.
2. Meanwhile, boil quali eggs, 4 minutes. Put under cold water to cool them quickly. Then shell, halve and pull them apart. Cut smoked eel into peices. /p>
Cook tagliatelle in abuntant salt water until al dente stage. Just before draining tagliatelle, take away ladle of boiling water and transfer it to your zuchini sauce.
Click HERE to see origional website
Caught in The Fenlands in Linconshire
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device