- Ingredients Information
- Nutrition Information
English dry cured pork, hot smoked over a blend of English Oak & Beech. Our ham joints are a minimum weight of 1kg and are ready to eat. Simply carve & serve.
Minimum Weight 800g
Pork, Salt, Preservative E252, E250, Natural Oak Wood Smoke
|As a guide we recommend that this product provides||Per 100g|
of which saturates
of which sugars
Perfect for home freezing.
Our smoked ham joints are ready to eat, simply open & serve.
Red lentil soup with Smoked Ham
- 907g SMoked Ham Joint
- 14g Butter
- 470g Onion, Diced
- 470g Carrots, Diced
- 470g Celery, Diced
- Kosher Salt
- 470g Dry White Wine
- 1.7L Chicken Stock
- 340g Dried Red lentils, Rinsed Thoroughly and drained
- 10g Dried Cumin
- 10g Smoked Praprika
1. Heat a large heavy pot over a medium high heat. Add the ham and let it sear in the pot for a few minutes
2. Add the butter and let it melt with the ham
3. Add the vegetables to the pot and sprinkle them with Kosher salt.
4. Stir the vegetables with the butter and let them sweat until soft and tender, about 10 minutes.
5. Add the white wine and scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pot.
6. Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add the lentils
7. Cover the soup with a lid and let the soup simmer for about 30 minutes until the lentils are fluffy and tender.
8. Remove the ham form the soup and cut off the lean meat and add it back to the soup.
9. Remove the ham hock from the soup and cut off the lean meat and add it back to the soup. Discard the resr of the ham bone and skin.
Season with the cumin, praprika and Kosher salt.
Serve hot and enjoy
Click HERE to see the origional website
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device