- Ingredients Information
- Nutritional Information
We use our award winning recipe in our Black puddings sticks. All of our ingredients are of the very best quality and we make our own herbs and spice mix right here at the factory, which is probably why our sticks have a very distinct flavour.
Minimum weight- 200g
Blood, Cooked Pearl Barley, Rusk (wheat flour, salt), Oatmeal, Pork Fat, Onions, Salt, Herbs & Spices. GM Free/NO ARTIFICIAL ADDITIVES OR PRESERVES.
|As a guide we recommend that this product provides||Per 100g|
of which saturates
of which sugars
Store in refrigerator until date shown. Suitible for home freezing.
Pork with black pudding & roasted rhubarb
- 2 pork fillets, about 350g/12oz each
- 250g black pudding, skinned and cut into slices
- 12 thin rashers streaky bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 300g rhubarb, cut into 5cm lengths on the diagonal
200ml vegetable stock
- 2 rounded tbsp crème fraîche
1. Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Split the pork fillets lengthwise almost in half and open out like a book. Bash with a rolling pin to flatten, then sprinkle on all sides with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Fill the pork with the black pudding, folding the meat back over it to enclose it.
2. Stretch the bacon rashers with the back of a knife, then wrap around the pork fillets, tucking the ends under the pork where possible. Transfer to a large roasting tin, drizzle with the oil, then roast for 30 mins.
3. Meanwhile, heat the honey in a pan, then toss the rhubarb in the honey. Add to the roasting tin, then return to the oven for 10-12 more mins until the rhubarb is tender and the bacon nicely browned. Transfer the pork and rhubarb to a warm plate and keep warm while you make the sauce.
4. Set the tin on the hob and add the stock. Bring to the boil, stirring to scrape all the pan juices from the base of the tin. Bubble for a few mins, then stir in the crème fraîche and whisk until it has dissolved into the sauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
5. Cut the pork into slices and serve with the rhubarb and a little sauce poured over. Serve the remaining sauce separately.
Remove plastic sleeving, cut into 15mm slices and heat thoroughly.
Keep refrigerated til date shown
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device