- Ingredients Information
- Nutritional Information
Arbroath smokies are pairs of haddock – as opposed to kippers (which are herring) – tied at the tail, dry salted and then hot smoked over hardwood chips, traditionally in a ‘smokie’ pit made with a whisky barrel set in a hole in the ground. We do not smoke Arbroath Smokies, they are freshly prepared in Arbroath and have a protected designation of origin status.
The Arbroath Smokies are packed in pairs & sizes will vary.
Minimum weight per pair is 300g.
Haddock (MELANOGRAMMUS AEGLEFINUS), Salt, Natural Wood Smoke.
|As a guide we recomend that this product provides||Per 100g|
of which saturates
of which sugars
Keep refrigerated until date shown on pack. Suitable to freeze for upto 12 months.
Arbroath Smokies are ready to eat and are fantastic warm or cold. If you would like to heat them through, place under a hot grill for a couple of minutes and serve with a knob of butter and a twist of pepper.
Smokie Fish Cakes
- 454g mash potato
- 2 smokies, skinned and boned
- 1 leek
- salt and pepper to taste
- Flour, egg and breadcrumbs for the coating
1. Chop leek and wash then fry in a little oil
2. Form into fishcakes, coat in flour and egg and then cover in breadcrumbs.
3. Refrigerate for one hour.
4. Deep or shallow fry until crisp and golden.
5. Serve with mixed green salad and vinaigrette
Click HERE to see the origional website
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device