The Real Lancashire Black Pudding Company is an award winning family run business based in Rossendale, Lancashire and are dedicated "Specialist Black Pudding Makers" and use only traditional methods and recipes dating back to 1879. For more about the heritage & history of the Lancashire Black Puddings have a look at the website.
Blood, Pearl Barley, Pork, Fat, Onions, Flour, Salt, Herbs & Spices, Natural Oak Wood Smoke.
ALLERGENS: CEREALS CONTAINING GLUTEN, CELERY
The Black Pudding horseshoes will be delivered to you vacuum sealed & fresh- Keep Refrigerated.
Suitable For Home Freezing
Remove from packaging, slice & shallow fry in butter on a medium heat for 3 minutes either side. Ensure Black pudding is piping hot throughout before serving.
Black Pudding on Frizee Lettuce
4 free range eggs
4 pieces of black pudding
1 head of frizzee lettuce
8 pieces of smoked pancetta
salt & pepper
- Place the black pudding in a hot pan with a little bit of olive oil for about 2 minutes until each side is coloured. Season with a little salt and pepper and pop the black pudding into a warmed oven until the pancetta is cooked
- Using the handle of a slotted spoon, swirl the simmering water in the pan to create a whirlpool (this helps the eggs hold their shape). Crack the eggs, one at a time, directly into the centre of the whirlpool. As the eggs cook, use the spoon to keep the water moving and ensure that the egg remains whole.
- After 1-2 minutes, or when the egg white is cooked, remove from the pan using the slotted spoon and set aside to drain on kitchen paper.
- In the meantime, place the pancetta under the grill and cook until crisp.
How to serve this dish:
- Dress the frizzee lettuce with olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Place the cooked black pudding on top of the lettuce, then the poached egg with a bit of salt and pepper. Top with the crisp pancetta and serve.
Tags: black pudding