- Ingredients Information
- Nutritional Information
Pheasants sourced from selected estates in the Trough of Bowland dressed and oven ready. Game is wild, natural, low in fat, cholesterol and is one of the healthiest meats around.
3 pheasant breasts per tray.
Minimum weight- 200g per pack
|As a guide we recommend that this product provides||Per 100g|
of which saturates
of which sugars
Supplied Fresh in Season 1st October- 31st January- Keep in Refrigerator until date shown, suitable to freeze.
Supplied Frozen out of Season- Keep in the freezer until date shown on pack.
As game birds are wild and lean, you need to add fats when cooking. We place our pheasants in a baking tray and cover the birds with streaky bacon. We then cover the tray with foil and roast in a preheated oven (180ºc) for 40 minutes, basting every 10 minutes. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- oil for browning
- 1 Pheasant, fat removed
- 2 Carrots, sliced
- 2 Shallots, sliced
- 110g mushrooms, sliced.
- 2 pinches mixed herbs
- 300ml Chicken stock
- 300ml cider
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 150C/Gas 2
2. In a casserole dish, heat a drizzle of oil over meduim high heat. Add the pheasant and brown on all sides. Once browned, add all remaining ingredients and stir up and brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
3. Transfere the covered dish to the oven and cook for 2 hours
Click HERE to see the origional website.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device