- Ingredients Information
- Nutrition Information
Wood pigeon is a real delicacy and is becoming increasingly popular across British restaurants and households. Wood Pigeons are extremely lean and are packed full of gamey flavour. Sourced from local estates and hung for a short period our wood pigeons are oven ready and perfect for roasting.
Wood Pigeon (100%)
ALLERGENS IN BOLD
|As a guide we recommend that this product provides||Per 100g|
of which saturates
of which sugars
Suitable For Home Freezing
Oven Ready- preheat oven to 200c, rub the bird with butter, season with salt and pepper and cover with rashers of bacon. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Roasted Wood Pigeon on Toast
- 2 oven-ready wood pigeons
- Handful robust herbs such as thyme, sage and rosmary
- 4 garlic cloves, bashed but not peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread
- 150ml red wine
1. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Season the pigeons generously, stuff the cavities with nearly all the herbs, and place a garlic clove in each bird. Heat the oil and butter in an ovenproof shallow pan, and spend 5 mins browning the pigeons on all sided. Remove the pigeons and fry the bread on one side until crispy and golden, adding more butter to the pan oif you need to.
2. Turn the bread over and sit a pigeon on each slice of bread. Scatter the remaining herbs and garlic into the pan, and pour over the wine. Put the pan in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Serve the pigeon straight from the pan with the bread.
Click HERE to see the origional website
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device