- Ingredients Information
- Nutritional Information
Red legged wild partridge from the Trough of Bowland dressed and oven ready. Partridge are mild game birds with a moist texture. Game is wild, natural, low in fat, cholesterol and is one of the healthiest meats around.
|As a guide we recommend that this product provides||Per 100g|
of which saturates
of which sugars
Supplied Fresh in Season 1st September- 31st January- store in fridge until date shown, suitable for home freezing
Supplied Frozen out of Season- store in freezer until date shown
As game birds are wild and lean, you need to add fats when cooking. We cover our partridge in streaky bacon and roast in a preheated oven (180ºc) for 20 minutes. Leave to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Roast Partridge with Wild Mushrooms and Autumn Greens
- 4 Oven ready Partridges
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 100g Butter
- 1 small head of greens such as sprout tops or savoury cabbage woody stalks removed and cut into even sized pieces
- 200-250g Wild mushrooms, cleaned and cut into even-sized pieces or left whole if Chanterelles
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas Mark 7. Season the partridges inside and out wiht salt and papper and rub with butter. P:lace the birds in a roasting tray, in which they fit snugly and cook for 15minutes, basting every so often,.
2. Around halfway through cooking, bring a pan to the boil and cook the greens for about 6-7 minutes until tender, then drain.
3. Meanwhile, heat a little more butter in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms over a medium heat for a few minutes, seasoning half way through cooking
4. TO serve, toss the greens and mushrooms together, adjust the seasoning and add a knob og butter if you like. Serve the partridge, cut in half or off the bone, with greens and mushrooms.
CLICK HERE to see the origional website
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device