- Ingredients Information
- Nutritional Information
Locally sourced game including Venison, Pheasant, Partridge, Woodpigeon, Mallard & Rabbit. Game is wild, natural, low in fat, cholesterol and is one of the healthiest meats around.
Perfect for a casserole or pie.
Minimum Weight 500g
Venison, Pheasant, Partridge, Woodpigeon, Mallard & Rabbit
|As a guide we recommend that this product provides||Per 100g|
of which saturates
of which sugars
Supplied Fresh in Season 1st October- 31st January- Keep in Refrigerator until date shown, suitable to freeze.
Supplied Frozen out of Season- Keep in the freezer until date shown on pack.
Brown the diced mixed game in a frying pan with a splash of vegetable oil.
Add a selection of diced vegetables, a knob of butter and preferred herbs to the slow cooker. Add the browned game along with 200ml beef stock and seasoning.
Cook on auto for 6-8 hours and serve with mashed potato.
Game Casserole and Herb Dumplings
- 200ml red wine
- 25ml port
- 200g seasoned flour
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 sticks of celery diced
- 1 leek diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 28ml beef stock
- 1tbsp red currant jelly
- 200g diced black pudding
- Salt and black pepper
- Sprig of thyme
- 300g self-raising flour
- 50g beef/vegetable stock
- Milk to bind dumplings
- 10g thyme
- 10g rosemary
- 10g chives/parsley
1. Marinate the game overnight in the wine and peot. Strain the liquor and set aside.
2.Preheat the oven to 180c/Gas4
3. Lightly flour the meat and colour in a hot pan in batches
4. Place in a deep casserole dish
5. In the same pan, fry the carrots, potatoes, celery, leek and garlic until dark golden.
6. Add to the casserole dish and stir
7. Deglaze the pan with the red wine liquor.
8. Reduce the liquor by half and then add the beef stock.
9.Reduce by half
10. Add the redcurrent jelly and the black pudding, stir then add to caserole dish
11. Season and stir well.
12. Cover dish and cook for 1 1/2 hours
13. For the dumplings, combine flour, suet and herbs, adding milk as needed to create a firm doug.
14. Remove dish from oven, place your dumpling on top of the casserole and cook uncovered for a further 20 mins until golden brown.
15. Sprinkle with choppered parsley. Serve with chive mash, roasted carrot and roasted parsnips.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device