Caramelised Onion Chutney is a richly flavoured accompaniment to cold cuts and cheeses.
It is made with 51% onions which are caramelised in muscovado sugar and balsamic vinegar with a special blend of spices.
Serve with pork pies and cheese boards or stir through gravy for a gourmet sausage and mash supper
Why not try it with some warmed Smoked Goat's Cheese and crusty baguette
These sausage parcels are easy to make, just add Cottage Delight Caramelised Onion Chutney.
Served with a green salad they make a delicious light lunch and can be increased in size for a main course meal.
200g of good quality sausage meat
2tbsp of Cottage Delight Caramelised Onion Chutney
1 packet of ready rolled puff pastry
Flour, for dusting
1 egg - beaten
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Mix the sausage meat and 2tbsp of Caramelised Onion Chutney together in a bowl, then shape into eight balls.
- Unwrap the pastry and cut into eight equal squares.
- Divide the sausage mixture among the squares. Flatten the ball, then fold the pastry corners up to enclose the filling. Brush with beaten egg, then chill for 10 minutes.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 25-30 minutes, until golden and the filling is cooked - the pastry will puff up so you can now see the filling.
Recipe courtesy of Cottage Delight Ltd. www.cottagedelight.co.uk